Learning & Improvement
All LSCB training courses are multi agency and free of charge, anyone working in the St Helens area with children, young people and familes can attend. Some courses have a specific target audience and will be stated on the calendar's identified training date. Places are limited to a maximum of three places per organsiation unless otherwise stated.
Request a 2017 safeguarding childrens training pack - 2018 Pack available from April 1st 2018!
Training NEW to the calendar:
- Child Criminal Exploitation
- Domestic Abuse: The Impact on the Child
- Safer Sleep Awareness Workshop
- Spotlighting Adolescence Conference: A Day in the Life
Training in Development for 2017-2018...... Please Await Further Details
- Managing and Responding to Neglect including GCP2
- Child Sexual Abuse - planned for April 18
- Professional Challenge - Planned for April 18
- Harmful Sexualised Behaviours Conference - Planned for May 18 & Nov 18
Free E-Learning :
- Mind Ed on children and young people's mental health for all adults.
- Parental Mental Ill Health and Families: Think Child, Think Parent, Think Family
- Parental Mental Ill Health and Families: Communicating with Families
- Parental Substance Misuse
- CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Vodafone: Digital Parenting
- 'In Your Hands - Safeguarding Child Victims of Trafficking'.
- Forced Marriage Awareness Training
- Female Genital Mutiliation (FGM)
- FREE Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Training: NorthWest
- Channel General Awareness Training
- CSE & Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (PACE)
- Child Sexual Abuse 'Seen & Heard - How to recognise Sexual Abuse
School/Parent CSE Resource - Think You Know
In addition to the LSCB Safeguarding training, all Childminders & Nursery staff can access the basic Safeguarding training if they are a member, via PACEY or an alternative childminding professional body.
Safeguarding Training for Local Football & Sports Clubs
Safeguarding training for grass roots clubs e.g. amateur sports clubs, can be accessed via the LSCB's Voluntary, Community & Faith Sector Safegudaring Children Awareness course. Alternatively for the larger organisations, training can be accessed via your professional body - e..g. FA website or the RLF website.